The VIAVI Solutions Multiple Application Platform (MAP-300) is an optical test and measurement platform optimized for compact cost-effective development and manufacturing of optical communications technology.
From the original Multiple Application Platform (MAP) system released in 2001 as part of JDSU to the new third generation MAP-300 Series, the MAP system is the heart of the VIAVI optical test solutions for labs and manufacturing. With unmatched scalability, users can be assured that our solutions will meet their current and future needs. MAP-300 provides the foundation to our entire portfolio, enabling scalability and efficiency for manufacturing optical network elements, modules and components.
Customer Focused Innovation
The new MAP-300 builds upon the proven strengths of the MAP System while adding innovation where it matters most for our customers. Backwards compatible support for the installed automation base, combined with several new features, including an HTML-based GUI
for multi-user environments, gives our customers the capabilities they need to achieve their goals. We can’t wait to see what you will accomplish with the new MAP-300!
- Available in rackmount, reverse-rackmount and benchtop mainframe configurations
- HTML-based graphical user interface gives consistent user experience both locally and remotely
- Field-replaceable controller includes an integrated 3.5-inch LCD touchscreen for network and system status
- Support for USB 3.0 port, 15.6-inch external monitor, and ethernet
- Optional GPIB, additional ethernet ports and additional USB and trigger modules
- SCPI logical interface for automation programming, with remote programming supported via TCP/IP (LXI) over ethernet, GPIB and direct socket
- Multi-user capability
- Backward compatible with MAP2xx series cassettes and remote-control support
- Hot swappable modules
- General purpose fiber-optic lab use
- Manufacturing test automation
- DWDM/WSS test
- Connectivity IL/RL
- Polarization scrambling and OSNR
- MAP Series cassettes include amplifier and source cassettes classified as either Class 3B or Class 1M Laser products. While operating in a MAP Series mainframe, cassettes meet the requirements of the IEC 60825-1 standard and comply with 21 CFR 1040.10 and 1040.11, except for deviations pursuant to Laser Notice 50, dated June 24, 2007.
Optical Sources and Amplifiers
- mTLG-C2 is a distributed feedback (DFB) laser that steps between frequencies of the 50 GHz ITU grid. It is available in either C or L band, and with up to four lasers per module.
- mSRC-C2 is a general-purpose light source in key fixed telecom wavelengths: 850, 1300, 1310, 1490, 1550, 1625 nm.
These sources typically are used to test system load or continuity, measure insertion loss, or for test station calibration.
- mBBS-C1 is a broadband source that provides an amplified spontaneous emission (ASE) output for stable and spectrally flattened C-and L-band sources.
- mSRC-C23000SA is a variant of the mSRC-C2 that behaves as a semiconductor O-band optical amplifier (SOA) with polarization-independent optical amplifier.
Optical Signal Conditioning
- mVOA-C1 is the industry’s most compact modular solution. Available with one, two, or four variable optical attenuators (VOA) per module with or without an internal power meter. The mVOA is the industry’s leading variable optical attenuator family, enabling single-level control for receiver and amplifier testing for over 20 years.
- mUTL-C1 is a passive utility module includes, couplers, splitters, mux/demux, band-pass filters and even blank modules for customer supplied components.
- mPCX-C1 is a polarization scrambler that scrambles, controls and provides stabilization for applications such as temporal depolarization and 100G+ coherent interface testing.
- mTFX-C1 is a multiport tunable filter that simplifies test signal management for next-generation 100 G+ interface, sub-systems and system test.
Optical Signal Switching and Routing
- mOSW-C1/mISW are the industry’s gold standard for loss and repeatability. With over 80 variations available, there is a configuration ideally suited to all applications. Switches range from 1x4 to 1x64 with options for internal power monitoring, direction monitoring, and power trim.
- mOSX-C1 is a cross connect optical switch that provides high performance and reliability. Available as a 16- or 32-port common connection (CC) cassette, the mOSX supports any-to-any port combinations up to the total number of ports on the cassette. It also supports MxN combinations
Optical Power and Spectral Measurements
- mOPM-C1 optical power meters are available with one, two, or four power heads per module with four unique performance ranges. There are versions available for all applications. Models with 110 dBm dynamic range are complimented by versions that support 26 dBm input power.
- mHROSA-A1 is a high-resolution optical spectrum analyzer that combines sub-GHz resolution performance and compact modularity in a single slot cassette.