Cleanliness is the basic requirement for the functioning of the transmission system. There are several options for successful fiber optic plug cleaning.
Fiber optic connector cleaning options
- Dry cleaning (cleaning cassettes, fiber optic connectors with couplings)
- Wet cleaning for pre-cleaning heavy soiling
- The combination cleaning (wet + dry in one step)
- Professional cleaning equipment (Cleanblast, Ferrule Pro).
Fiber Optic Connector Cleaning? Why this effort?
- Cleanliness of the connector end face is a basic requirement for the functioning of the transmission system
- Minor pollution leads to:
- increased attenuation up to the interruption of the connection
- Distance between plugs and thus strong back reflection
- Scratches on the mating connector/gauge
Fiber Optic Connector Cleaning? How best?
- Dry Cleaning - & gt; Check with a microscope - & gt; clean with water if necessary
- Caution! Always dry dry (remaining alcohol residues may attract dust again)
- wet / dry combination cleaning in one step